As the clients of the firm also consist of companies and financial groups, those are among the biggest players not only on the Slovak market, but also on the Central European market, RELEVANS addresses competition law in all its aspects.
The issues covered by this practice area arise not only in connection with the intended or implemented transactions, representation of clients before the Antimonopoly Office of the Slovak Republic and in related court proceedings, but also when providing legal support to clients in relation to the correct set-up of internal relations and their business activities.
Our legal services include, in particular
- drafting of analyses and advice on rules governing unfair competition, concentration, dominant position and cartel practices
- review of trade agreements from competition law perspective
- advice on issues of antitrust clearance of transactions
- drafting of concentration notifications and representing clients before regulatory authorities
- representation in proceedings regarding review of abuses of dominant market positions or agreements restricting competition
- legal protection against unfair competition
- representation in associated litigation
- legal advice to one of the acquirers of control (Sandberg Capital, správ. Spol.) over the joint venture consisting of SWAN, SK Consortium 2 S.à r.l., SK Holdco B.V., Carduelis 2 B.V. and BENESTRA on the notification of the concentration to the Antimonopoly Office of the Slovak Republic
- legal advice to Železničná spoločnosť Cargo Slovakia in court proceedings concerning the review of legality of the procedure and the decision of the Antimonopoly Office of the Slovak Republic regarding the abuse of dominant position on the sales and lease of electric locomotives market
- legal advice in proceedings concerning the violation of Section 10 par. 7 and par. 11 of Act no. 136/2001 Coll. on the protection of competition
- legal advice to the acquirers of joint control over the company J&T FINANCE GROUP SE on the notification of the concentration to the Antimonopoly Office of the Slovak Republic and legal support in the notification of the concentration to the Office for the Protection of Competition (OPC) of the Czech Republic
- legal advice to a client on acquisition of shares in a foreign alternative investment fund with a variable share capital with its registered office in the Republic of Malta